If you were injured in a car accident in Pompano Beach, you should speak with Pompano Beach car accident attorney immediately. In 2020, there were 34,050 car accidents in Broward County resulting in 18,984 injuries. A number of these car accidents occurred in Pompano Beach, Florida. Pompano Beach and the state of Florida are very popular tourist destinations. And there are lots of licensed drivers and registered vehicles on the local roadways. Nearly every driver winds up in an accident sooner or later and many times more than once over a lifetime of driving. If you live in Pompano Beach, Florida, you know car accidents often occur on the following roads:
- Federal Highway
- Copans Road
- Atlantic Boulevard
- Military Trail
- Dixie Highway
Here at Workman Injury Law, our car accident lawyers seek justice by making sure our clients receive the compensation they deserve after a car accident in Pompano Beach, Florida.
Our accident lawyer has years of experience handling car accident claims and know what it takes for our clients to receive the highest possible settlements. Our firm handles all cases from start to finish. That means we will help get your vehicle fixed, make sure you receive the treatment you need, negotiate against the insurance companies, and take your case to court, if need be.
What To Do After a Pompano Beach Car Accident
If you never have been in a car accident, you may be confused, shocked, nervous and unsure what to do. It is important to stay calm and take the following steps to ensure your safety and protect your car accident claim.
- Don’t Leave the Scene: No matter what, do not drive away without calling the police even after a minor accident. Do not trust the other driver in getting accurate information. Too often clients believe they receive the other driver’s insurance information but find out it was a fake or expired and left not knowing who to get compensated by.
- Check for Injuries: After the accident, make sure you, your passengers, and the other drivers are okay.
- Call 911: As stated above, call the police no matter what to make sure you receive all the accurate information from the other driver.
- Make Sure You Are in Safe Area: If you are in high traffic area, make sure you move to safety.
- Take Photos: Take photos of your vehicle’s damage and the other vehicle’s damage. Take a photo of the other driver’s license plate. Take photos of the surrounding area where the accident happened. Take photos of any debris on the road.
- Get Witness Information: If there are any witnesses, make sure to get their full names and phone numbers. If possible, take a picture of their driver’s license.
- Get Insurance Information: This is extremely important. The police officer is supposed to get the other driver’s insurance information and produce you a driver’s exchange. However, too often, the police officer just gives you a case card with no information. This is why you should take a picture of the other driver’s insurance information at the scene before the police arrive.
- Say Less: Do not engage in lengthy conversation with the other driver. Do not provide longwinded explanation to the police officer. Keep everything short and sweet.
- Do Not Deny Injury if you are feeling any discomfort or soreness: Often your are in complete shock after an accident and the adrenaline is running. However, if you are even feeling a slight discomfort or pain, you should tell the police officer that way he can put it in his or her police report. Just because you admit pain at the scene does not mean you have to be transported to the hospital. You can admit that you are feeling odd or uncomfortable and deny transportation to the hospital.
- Call a Pompano Beach Car Accident Lawyer: Immediately after the accident, you should contact an injury attorney to make sure your right are protected.
Why Should I Hire a Pompano Beach Car Accident Attorney?
Whenever an auto accident results in injuries, the at-fault party could be liable for the costs of property damage, medical costs, loss wages, pain and suffering, mental anguish and other damages. But the insurance carrier for the vehicle driven by the negligent driver likely will try to blame you for the accident if at all possible.
If they cannot put the blame on you, they will do their best to minimize your injuries and offer you a low settlement. Do not speak with the insurance companies after an accident. They might act friendly, but they are just trying to get you to say things that they will use against you so that they can low-ball your settlement.
Since the insurance companies are not on your side, you should hire a car accident lawyer to represent your interest. Too often, clients try to handle their claims without a lawyer and end up getting screwed over. Don’t let this happen to you. Call a Pompano Beach car accident attorney near me immediately for a free case review to go over your options. Our consultation is completely free so there is no risk to you.
How Can a Pompano Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me?
After retaining us as your lawyer, we will help build your case so you can receive the highest possible settlement. We will gather the evidence that is necessary such as the police report, body cam footage, video footage from surrounding businesses, witness statements, cell phone records from the other driver, and expert witnesses. We will assist with getting your car fixed, rental coverage, and help you get the treatment you need. We will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf and seek maximum compensation for your:
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Mental Anguish
- Pain and Suffering
- Future Medical Costs
- And Much More
Here at Workman Injury Law, we are different in the fact that we take your car accident case to court if the insurance company is not willing to offer you a fair settlement. You would be surprised that a lot of lawyers do not actually file lawsuits or take personal injury cases to trial. Unfortunately, a lot of lawyers look for a quick settlement without taking the risk of litigation. We do not do that. We fight endlessly for our clients to make sure they receive what they deserve. Even if that means we have to incur additional costs and time by taking your case to court because this is your case and you have been through a life changing event and deserve what is fair. We have litigated 500+ cases and have won millions for our clients in court.
How Long Does a Pompano Beach Car Accident Case Take?
This is the million dollar question we get from our clients. Unfortunately, there are numerous factors which determine how long your car accident case will take to settle. If any lawyer tells you they can guarantee you a certain amount of money or a certain timeframe, they are lying. There is no way to determine how long a case can take because we do not write the checks – the insurance companies do. As a car accident lawyer, we help build the case and push the case into position to get you the maximum settlement.
Some factors which determine the length of a Pompano Beach car accident claim are the following:
- Liability – is there a dispute on who caused the accident?
- Severity of injuries
- Length of medical care
- Insurance coverage available
- The insurance company
- Whether a lawsuit needs to be filed
If liability is in dispute, there is higher chance that your case may take more time. This is because the insurance company only has to pay out claims if their insured driver is at fault. If the insurance believes that they are not responsible for the accident, they will not offer money to settle. Therefore, your case will need be litigated which means a lawsuit filed against the other driver, discovery, depositions, mediation, and possibly trial. As you can see, this process takes longer because us as your lawyer will need to prove that other driver is at fault and that can only be done by filing a lawsuit on your behalf.
The severity of injuries and length of medical care plays a vital role in how long the process takes. If your injuries are more severe, it will take longer for us to send a demand to the insurance company because we will not settle a case until you receive all the treatment necessary. Typically, the treatment process after a car accident consist of hospital/urgent care, chiropractic/physical therapy, MRIs, pain management, and orthopedic care. If your injuries are severe and you are still in pain months after the accident, you may be required to have serious treatment such as injections or surgery. Receiving surgery after an accident can take months of treatment. Therefore, if you have to eventually have surgery after a Pompano Beach car accident it may take more time than other claims to settle.
Who the insurance carrier is and the amount coverage available also determines how long your car accident case can take. For example, if the bodily injury coverage for the at fault party is only $10,000 your case may not take very long. This is because if you went to the hospital and the hospital charge alone is $8,000, we will send a demand quickly to the insurance company to get them to pay if the only amount of coverage available is $10,000. If the insurance company does not tender the full policy of $10,000 in the time that we demanded, we can potentially pursue a bad faith claim.
Also, who the insurance company can determine how long your case can take. Not all insurance companies are equal on how they evaluate claims. Some are worst than others. For example, if the at-fault insurance company is Allstate or State Farm, there is more of chance that your case may take longer because they typically under value your claim resulting in your case having to go to litigation.
Call Workman Injury Law Today For Your Free Case Review
We are available 24/7 for you. Call today if you have been involved in a car accident in Pompano Beach, Florida. Consultation is completely free and we can help you get the process started so you can receive the compensation you deserve. You should not be going through this process alone. The only thing you should be worried about is getting better for your injuries while we take care of everything else. Call 954-361-3997 and speak with a Pompano Beach car accident attorney immediately.